Club Notes: DAR's Cathedral of Pines service set for Aug. 9
RINDGE — The N.H. State Organization of Daughters of the American Revolution will host its 67th annual memorial service at the Cathedral of the Pines in Rindge at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9.
With a delegation of 29 members, the New Hampshire State Organization of DAR was well-represented at the National Society of DAR’s 123rd Continental Congress.
The conference, held from June 25 to 29 at DAR headquarters in Washington, D.C., included committee forums, social events, business sessions and evening programs.
During an Education Awards Night, which included American History Committee awards, honorary N.H. State Regent Laura Kessler, who is national chairman, introduced the DAR essay contests. Later in the week, Kessler was nominated for national vice president general and was sworn in during the closing session.
BEDFORD — The Bedford Lions Club has elected officers and directors for the 2014-15 term, which started July 1.
The officers are: Dick Como, president; Dave Lent, first vice president; Carol Deselle, second vice president; Elda Cordero-Goodman, secretary; Ernie Henrichon, treasurer; Kathy Baldridge, lion tamer/tail twister; Mike Sills, membership chairperson; and Jeanne Bellemore, immediate past president.
Bellemore, as outgoing president, presented the Lion of the Year award to Cordero-Goodman for outstanding service during the 2013-14 term.
More information about the club also is available online at www.bedford.nhlions.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.