Home » News » Politics » State Government
'Aerospace corridor' eyed between Quebec and New England
Despite its success, Aero Montreal continues to seek cross-border partners, he said, noting that in looking at the world scene from Quebec, the competition isn’t coming from the U.S., but from Mexico, Poland and China.
Kelly noted that one firm there, MDS Coatings, already has a working relationship with Hooksett’s General Electric Aviation Co., which it assisted in helping extend the life of turbine rotors in Navy and Marine Corps helicopters.
Christopher Wrenn, who is chairman of the NHADEC, said even though the Granite State aerospace consortium is still in its infancy, things are trending toward the positive.New Hampshire has some 300 aerospace and defense companies, said Wrenn, adding that 60 have joined NHADEC, which has helped some of them attend international aerospace expositions in addition to working on measures to protect intellectual property rights and deal with the often complicated regulatory scheme for exporting products.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 26
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 35
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'