Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Prisoner ordered to pay $1.86m to murdered ex-boyfriend's family
Representatives of David King’s estate sought damages and enhanced compensatory damages for the “brutal and savage execution” of King by Derek Saunders and Scott Mazzone, who were hired by girlfriend Dianna Saunders to prevent King from reporting the theft of $440,000 from Dr. William Meredith and to collect $500,000 life insurance policy payable to Dianna Saunders, according to court records.
After planning “the execution” for more than a year, Derek Saunders and Scott Mazzone attacked King in the basement of the apartment he shared with Dianna Saunders, who arranged to be away from the home at the time, according to court records.
Following the death, but before a grand jury handed up an indictment against Derek Saunders, his father — Roy Saunders — hanged himself. “Dianna Saunders (his ex-wife) held a $450,000 policy insuring his life payable to her. The whereabouts of that insurance policy is unknown,” according to court records.
On March 6, 2011, a jury found Dianna Saunders guilty of being an accomplice to first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and for the theft from Meredith. She was sentenced to life in prison at Goffstown State Prison for Women, according to court records.
“Defendant Dianna Saunders is confined at the state prison, but she did not request to be brought to the hearing,” according to the five-page order written by Tucker April 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483