Home » News » Public Safety
U-Haul driver avoids deer, flips truck on Route 102 in Londonderry
Jore Yurko moves furniture in the back of a U-Haul rental truck after it flipped in an accident on Route 102 Monday night. Yurko said neither he nor his passenger were seriously injured. (HUNTER McGEE/Union Leader Correspondent)
Joe Yurko said he was helping his friend move and driving the truck in the westbound lane of Route 102.
He said a deer darted in front of the truck and he swerved to avoid the animal. He said he missed the deer, but flipped the truck in the process.
Londonderry fire and rescue personnel responded to the scene, along with police, who diverted motorists around the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'