Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Derry woman sentenced for 13 residential burglaries in Rockingham County
Bonnie Usher, 46, of Derry was sentenced four to 10 years for burglarizing 13 homes in Derry, Londonderry and Auburn and looting them of valuables. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
Bonnie Usher, 46, was sentenced on Monday to four to 10 years in state prison for the series of brazen residential burglaries that happened between Sept. 27 and Jan 15. The burglaries were in Derry, Londonderry and Auburn.
Usher received an additional 10- to 20-year sentence that was suspended as long as she remains on good behavior.
The burglary spree ended on Jan. 15 when Derry police pulled over her car while she was driving on South Main Street. Derry detectives had watched her enter a home and exit a few minutes later with property from the house. Police checked on the home and found that it had been broken into.
Public defender Jim Reis said his client is more than willing to pay all restitution in the case, but questioned one homeowner’s claim that they lost $37,000 in jewelry.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483