Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police say officer struck multiple times in post-race chase
According to a press release, Trooper Stephanie Bosch was directing traffic inside the entrance to the speedway after Sunday's Camping World RV Sales 301. At 6:13 p.m., she attempted to stop a red Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by Damian Biron, 21, for what police said was "a motor vehicle infraction."
Police said Biron would not stop for Bosch and she had to step out of the truck's path. Biron then drove toward another trooper, Michael Doran, who was also directing traffic, according to police. Doran also tried to stop Biron, but police said Biron struck the officer with the truck's front grille. Doran tried to move, but Biron steered in the same direction and struck him again, police said, adding Doran was struck a third time before Brion drove away, hitting another vehicle in the process. Police said Doran was not hurt in the collision.
According to police, Biron drove off, heading southbound on Route 106 "at a high rate of speed for the given traffic congestion." About a mile south of the track, Biron's truck hit a black Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by Shane Horvath, 22, of Nottingham, pushing Horvath's truck 20 feet off the road and resulting in heavy front-end damage to Biron's truck, police said.
Police said Biron tried to flee on foot, but was taken into custody.
Two passengers in Biron's truck who were taken to Concord Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, while the occupants of the two vehicles that were struck by Biron's truck did not report any injuries.
Biron was charged two counts of felony reckless conduct, two counts of disobeying an officer, two counts of criminal threatening, three counts of simple assault, and DUI. Biron was taken to the Merrimack County Jail, where he refused bail. He will be arraigned at Concord Circuit Court on Monday morning.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Trooper Douglas A. Schack of the New Hampshire State Police Troop D at 603-223-8955 or email him at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483