Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
At Windy Ridge Orchard, blueberries - which are pick-your-own - extend the earning season by a month and a half, said Fabrizio, this allows the family-owned business to also sustain its efforts in the Cider House Café and The Vineyard and Winery at Seven Birches, the signature wine of which is blueberry flavored.
The vertical, high-bush plants make it easy for just about anyone to pick blueberries, said Fabrizio, which at Windy Ridge Orchard include the Blueray, Patriot, Northland, Jersey and Bluecrop varieties.
On Wednesday, as she got ready for the July 14 start of the blueberry season, Fabrizio said all indicators were positive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown selectmen nix driveway repavement permit fee - 0
- Salem zoning board seeks to add alternate member - 0
- Salem selectmen seek to restore funding - 0
- Lumberjack show to raise funds for Hudson Historical Society - 0
- Peterborough Community Theatre celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Londonderry family finds love, support while grieving - 0
- Merrimack's Boston Post Cane holder dies at 100 - 0
- Robin Williams memorial in Keene grows, but should it end? - 0
- NH High School Bass Fishing Tournaments Set for Oct. 2, Oct. 4 - 0
Salem selectmen seek to restore funding
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Another View -- Bernie Sanders: Americans are united in opposition to the special interests
Report on Manchester schools cites falling test scores, higher dropout rates among ongoing challenges
Shaheen unveils Republican supporters