Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase
Robert Zygarowski, 52, of Elwood City, Pa., appeared Thursday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
A lawyer for Robert Zygarowski, 52, of Elwood City, Pa., argued in court on Thursday that police showed no evidence to support felony reckless conduct and criminal restraint charges.
Judge John Korbey disagreed and sent the case to superior court after testimony Thursday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division.
Zygarowski briefly got control of a Salem police cruiser and drove it a few blocks while the pursuit came to a halt along Essex Street in Lawrence, Mass., police said.
Officer Steven McPherson testified that he recalled hearing Pearson’s radio plea for assistance from other officers, saying, “I’ve been assaulted. I deployed a Taser. It had no effect.”
During the pursuit, Zygarowski sped along Route 97 east into Haverhill, Mass., and cut through its downtown before getting on Interstate 495 and driving to Lawrence, according to McPherson’s testimony.
Pearson reported over the police radio, “He’s getting in my cruiser. He’s getting in my cruiser. I have him at gunpoint,” according to McPherson.
“I happened to see movement on my left side, so I turned my spotlight on,” he said. Zygarowski was smoking a cigarette and refused to go to the ground when ordered at gunpoint.
Zygarowski remained held on bail Thursday at the Rockingham County jail.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Total Votes: 917