Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time
Shaheen’s campaign believes otherwise. Since Monday, Shaheen’s campaign and Senate office have issued a combined 11 news releases. Seven of them were direct appeals to women voters. Shaheen’s plan is to pull independent and Republican women into her column by portraying Brown (she is ignoring Brown’s GOP primary rivals Bob Smith and Jim Rubens) as callously indifferent to women.
Brown has spent months driving his famous green pickup truck all over New Hampshire. Really, all over. He knocked on doors in Pittsburg, which has seldom received much attention from politicians not named Ray Burton. Brown says he puts 200 to 300 miles a day on his truck so he can meet voters face to face.
“Market Basket is, quite honestly, one of the best places.” Since he does the family grocery shopping, he is there a lot, he said. Sometimes he’ll just go to meet people. “In our state, it’s retail politics.”
Brown brushes off his rivals’ criticisms and does not return them. “I respect them. I respect their supporters,” he said. He is more interested in talking about two records: his and Jeanne Shaheen’s.
But first he has to get through a primary and a general election. He is attempting that by spending every day meeting as many people as he can. “I’m running like I’m 30 points behind,” he said. “I can’t work any harder right now.”
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Drew Cline: NH's campaign finance laws are a nonsensical mess - 2
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 5
- Drew Cline: Andrew Hemingway, a young candidate with a future and a past - 6
- Annie Kuster has the distinction of being John Bolton's first ad target - 10
- Drew Cline: Bob Smith's three 'p's': Principle, platform, party - 4
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 18
- Drew Cline: Dan Innis is no political lightweight - 3
- Drew Cline: A Libertarian plays devil's advocate in U.S. Senate race - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?