Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time
Shaheen’s campaign believes otherwise. Since Monday, Shaheen’s campaign and Senate office have issued a combined 11 news releases. Seven of them were direct appeals to women voters. Shaheen’s plan is to pull independent and Republican women into her column by portraying Brown (she is ignoring Brown’s GOP primary rivals Bob Smith and Jim Rubens) as callously indifferent to women.
Brown has spent months driving his famous green pickup truck all over New Hampshire. Really, all over. He knocked on doors in Pittsburg, which has seldom received much attention from politicians not named Ray Burton. Brown says he puts 200 to 300 miles a day on his truck so he can meet voters face to face.
“Market Basket is, quite honestly, one of the best places.” Since he does the family grocery shopping, he is there a lot, he said. Sometimes he’ll just go to meet people. “In our state, it’s retail politics.”
Brown brushes off his rivals’ criticisms and does not return them. “I respect them. I respect their supporters,” he said. He is more interested in talking about two records: his and Jeanne Shaheen’s.
But first he has to get through a primary and a general election. He is attempting that by spending every day meeting as many people as he can. “I’m running like I’m 30 points behind,” he said. “I can’t work any harder right now.”
READER COMMENTS: 22
- Drew Cline: A few takeaways from Tuesday's Republican primaries - 4
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 3
- Drew Cline: NH's campaign finance laws are a nonsensical mess - 2
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 5
- Drew Cline: Andrew Hemingway, a young candidate with a future and a past - 6
- Annie Kuster has the distinction of being John Bolton's first ad target - 10
- Drew Cline: Bob Smith's three 'p's': Principle, platform, party - 4
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance