Home » News » Public Safety
Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat
“Most of the heat’s online,” said Free Keene blogger Ian Freeman, who started the blog in 2006.
Community members, especially family members of the deceased, are upset about the posted video, City Council member Randy Filiault said Monday.
On July 1, a man shot himself to death during a 4 ½-hour standoff with police on Ivy Drive.
Freeman said while he does have editorial access to the blog, he rarely exercises it.
Ean said Wednesday that, though is he an activist, when he covers an event such as the standoff last week, he is there as an objective journalist.
His camera was not focused on Snow during the actual shooting, but the shot can be heard.
Ean has been confronted online by people offended by the posting of the footage, as well as on the street by relatives of Snow, but he stands by releasing the footage, he said.
After he shot himself police “are seen rolling him over to handcuff him and then rolling him back over so the paramedics can come in,” Ean said.
“I thought it was pretty clear he was clearly very critically injured,” he added.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters