Home » News » Public Safety
Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat
“Most of the heat’s online,” said Free Keene blogger Ian Freeman, who started the blog in 2006.
Community members, especially family members of the deceased, are upset about the posted video, City Council member Randy Filiault said Monday.
On July 1, a man shot himself to death during a 4 ½-hour standoff with police on Ivy Drive.
Freeman said while he does have editorial access to the blog, he rarely exercises it.
Ean said Wednesday that, though is he an activist, when he covers an event such as the standoff last week, he is there as an objective journalist.
His camera was not focused on Snow during the actual shooting, but the shot can be heard.
Ean has been confronted online by people offended by the posting of the footage, as well as on the street by relatives of Snow, but he stands by releasing the footage, he said.
After he shot himself police “are seen rolling him over to handcuff him and then rolling him back over so the paramedics can come in,” Ean said.
“I thought it was pretty clear he was clearly very critically injured,” he added.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof