Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion
In addition, town official cited also working with its legal counsel to voice their dismay about the project and explore what options are available in the months ahead.
BBA’s conservation lands span more than 1,280 acres of forests, fields and wetlands in Hollis, as well as Brookline and Milford, according to the organization’s website.
While the board encouraged residents to save their comments for the coming week’s public hearing, no one in the room raised their hands when asked if they’d prefer what’s believed to be the original route being considered by Kinder Morgan.
“Right now, our objective it so share data so during the upcoming public hearing, we’ll have a sense of the residents’ preferences,” Le Doux added.
While company officials have yet to reveal the exact route being proposed for the pipeline, initial surveying requests made to property owners and the BBA have already given locals a pretty good idea of what the company is considering.
Two other routes proposed are of similar length and would both utilize existing utility corridors and public right-of-way. Maps of the three alternative sites may be viewed online at www.beaverbrook.org/pipeline/.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Alternative energy vehicles rule Mount Washington Auto road - 0
- Natural gas pipeline still holds promise for Groveton - 1
- Bird causes Concord-area power outage Monday - 0
- Swanzey solar array should be completed by end of 2014 - 1
- New Londonderry transmission line project will add 60 more utility poles - 0
- 'Northern Trespass' film to be screened in Nashua on Thursday night - 0
- Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 12
- Tariffs tabled in state energy talks - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it