Home » Opinion » Editorials
The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives
It happens that earlier this year, Mrs. Craig was the winner, selected at random, of a promotion put on by this newspaper in cooperation with Hannaford Supermarkets. As grand prize winner, Mrs. Craig won a Hannaford grocery giveaway. And what did she do? She gave part of it away.
"With this wonderful windfall, I felt like the Good Lord was encouraging me to feed the hungry. Known to me are single mothers looking for a way to provide food and shelter for their child, and grandmothers who use their sometimes limited funds to help their grandchildren with food and shelter. They are my special interest these days. These gift cards will take the weight of using funds from my budget, at least for a while.
"Thank you to the Union Leader and Hannaford's for conducting this contest. As Manchester lifelong residents, we love the Union Leader, both the home delivery service and the Internet version, which keeps us informed when we are out of town. The Union Leader is a tremendous asset to the Manchester area. Hannaford's on Bicentennial Drive is our grocery store. Hannaford's does so much for the community! I think you have the perfect partner in the contest.''
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Israel, Palestinians agree to 72-hour ceasefire - 0
- U.S. aircraft hit Islamic State artillery in Iraq – Pentagon - 3
- Fire service Guardsmen return home from Kuwait - 0
- Obama tells U.S. military to prepare strikes against Islamic militants in Iraq - 0
- NH mourns general with ties to Granite State - 0
- Israel continues Gaza offensive; Egypt revises truce plan - 0
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 - 1
- All U.S. airlines ordered to stop flying to Tel Aviv - 0
- Israel pounds Gaza despite peace efforts - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglar nets undisclosed amount of cash in Domino’s robbery - 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Lawyer goes to court to try to reopen Manchester stores closed over ‘spice’ - 2
- Angels capitalize on Sox’ mistakes - 0
- SNHU and NHIA say they’ll delay merger - 0
- Driver hits cruiser in Hollis - 0
- Giants will be just fine, says unimpressive Eli - 0
- Cubs’ Hendricks beats Mets, improves to 5-1 - 0
- Wizards and warriors on the cheap - 0
Whole Foods poised to open in Nashua
Free state garden: Weeding is always good
Manchester judge: Open store that sold spice
NH worker health costs top U.S. list
Angels capitalize on Sox’ mistakes
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
'Chicken' arrested at Londonderry parade