Weare man injured in ATV crash
BERLIN - At approximately 2 p.m. on Saturday, conservation officers came upon an ATV accident while they were patrolling in Jericho Mountain State Park in Berlin.
Mark Blais, 40, of Weare was operating his ATV on the Moose Road Trail at the junction with Magella's Run Trail. At this spot, he slowed to turn on an embankment, but lost control of his ATV and it rolled over onto him.
Following the crash, Blais was able to operate his ATV to a main junction nearby where conservation officers found him with his riding partners. He was subsequently transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for treatment.
The accident remains under investigation, however, Fish and Game officials want to remind ATV riders to use extra caution operating on uneven terrain.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.