Man drowns in Raymond
RAYMOND - A 56-year-old man drowned Saturday in a lake in Raymond.
New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol reports in a release that the man had attempted to swim to retrieve a canoe had blown off shore in high winds about 11 a.m. Saturday on Governor's Lake.
A witness reported seeing the man struggling and swam out to the man, brought him back to shore, where CPR was performed.
The man was taken to Exeter Hospital via Raymond ambulance, where he was pronounced dead.
Although the investigation is ongoing, police do not believe alcohol and foul play are factors in the man's death.
As of Sunday morning, the victim's name had not been released, pending notification of family members.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.