Home » News » Public Safety
Pelham fireworks explosion injures one
This is the second fireworks incident in Pelham that resulted in serious injuries in the last two years.
The man suffered a severe hand injury and heavy bleeding while reloading a mortar shell about 7:15 p.m. The shell exploded in the tube, fire officials said Saturday.
On July 2, 2012, 13 people — five of them children — were hurt at a 40 Dodge Road home when an aerial spinner went awry and ignited a stockpile of 344 unpackaged, reloadable mortar shells stored on the back deck. The incident was ruled an accident and triggered some calls for greater restrictions on fireworks displays.
The man injured Friday night went by ambulance to a local hospital. He was transferred to a Boston hospital for emergency surgery.
Fire officials would not release the victim's name, the address where the incident occurred or if the victim lived there or was visiting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Details of Reams inquiry released