This Week's Rare Bird Alert
At least two Mississippi kites are being seen regularly in Newmarket, where they have nested during the past several years.
An Acadian flycatcher was discovered off of Bennett Road in Durham on May 24 and has been seen many times since then. It was last reported on June 22. It has been seen and heard singing less than 1 mile from Route 108 on the north side of the road, among scattered alders in a field and near a small pond.
A Boreal chickadee nest was found in a large dead paper birch snag located on the northeast side of the Caps Ridge Trail parking lot off of Jefferson Notch Road in the White Mountains. The snag is multi-trunked and about 20 feet tall with snapped off tops. The cavity nest hole is on the left-most trunk as viewed from the parking lot. Adult Boreal chickadees were seen visiting the nest on June 28 and 29.
A Bicknell’s thrush was seen well at the south end of the Rim Trail on Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch on June 29.
A possible rusty blackbird was reported from the Guinea Pond Trail off of Sandwich Notch Road on June 18.
A group of 139 chimney swifts was seen roosting together in Lebanon on June 24.
Two common nighthawk nests were located in Concord during the past week.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 10 legislators to watch in this coming session - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads