Home » News » Public Safety
State police investigate fatal Lebanon crash
State police have yet to release the name of the driver who died in the crash just before 10 a.m. near Exit 19.
Troopers were already on the scene because of downed power lines across the highway near the exit, a result of an unidentified tractor trailer hauling a large piece of equipment north on the highway.
The interstate was closed down, with the help of state Department of Transportation employees, so the wires could be safely removed. North and southbound traffic was detoured off Exit 19 in Lebanon.
It was during the road closure that the woman's sedan, traveling north on I-89, veered off the right side of the road.
Witnesses told police the car swerved to the right to avoid traffic, tried to brake, lost control and rolled over multiple times. The car struck a guard rail to the right of the road, and rolled over and through the guard rail before coming to rest on its roof down into an embankment, state police said.
The collision is still under investigation.
Witnesses are urged to call Trooper Ryan St. Cyr at 603-271-3636.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 14
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 13
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 24
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 1
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 1
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Health costs up for Manchester