Home » News » Public Safety
Long-time Somersworth coach found dead in a pool in Dover
Police Lt. Brant Dolleman said Labbe, 84, of Rollinsford - who was a long-time employee at 185 Three Rivers Farm Road - was found in the outdoor pool on the property by one of the residents Tuesday around 2:30 p.m.
“He had every right to be there,” Dolleman said, adding there is no indication that drugs, alcohol or suspicious activity were involved in the matter.
Dolleman said it will be up to the State's Medical Examiner to determine what led to Labbe's death.
As of Thursday, it is not clear whether or when the autopsy will be conducted. No further information was available about the matter, according to the State Medical Examiner's office.
Labbe coached football, basketball and track at Somersworth High School for decades. He also served as a coach at Spaulding High School in Rochester for about four years.
Due to the holiday weekend, officials from Somersworth and Rochester Schools could not be reached for comment Thursday.
Funeral and burial arrangements will be overseen by Tasker Funeral Home. For more information, visit www.taskerfh.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters