Fire chief: Cigarette blamed for causing Milford house fire
The remainder of the house suffered heavy smoke and heat damage. It could take a few months before residents Madeline and Dennis Martin are able to return to their home, but according to Milford fire officials it can be rebuilt.
Madeline Martin was able to safely escape with her dogs. There were no injuries to the residents or firefighters.
The Martins have sons who live in the area and fire officials believe they are staying with them.