Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire levels lakeside New London home
Fire Chief Jason Lyon said a Sunapee resident called 911 around 2 a.m. to report seeing a house in flames across the lake from her residence.
However, Lyon said as they were being dispatched, the fire department received a fire alarm from 29 Boulder Point Road, a two-story wood frame, single family home. When crews arrived on scene, they found the two-story building fully in flames.
No one was home at the time the fire started.
“It’s a total loss. There’s not much left,” Lyon said.
In 1992, the home was damaged in an electrical fire and, since then, it has been renovated and some construction was currently taking place, according to the fire chief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it