Home » News » Public Safety
Overturned tractor trailor blocks traffic
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident occurred around 2:30 p.m. on the Exit 3 on-ramp, which splits access points to 101 East and 101 West.
Police said a 2006 Kenworth T300 dump truck registered to LH White and Son Inc. of Bow was hauling a 2002 flat bed trailer registered to the same company. As the truck's driver, 64-year-old Jay West of Chester, was accessing the highway via the on-ramp the trailer unit, which was carrying an excavator, rolled over. Police said the truck may have been moving too fast to negotiate the curvature of the ramp, though the investigation is ongoing.
West was uninjured, but the scene required an extensive cleanup and removal operation, which police saidwas conducted by Alan's Diesel and Truck Center of Lee. The Exit 3 on-ramps had to be shut down for about an hour as the trailer and excavator were righted and removed.
Candia Police and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation assisted State Police. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Trooper Kevin Devlin at 223-8490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters