Wakefield man serves aboard USS Constitution
Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael Bresnahan, a yeoman, serves aboard the 216-year-old Boston-based ship, named by President George Washington to honor the Constitution of the United States of America.
“Being from New Hampshire, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to be serving on the same ship that I visited quite often as a small child,” said Bresnahan.
Now a featured destination on Boston’s Freedom Trail, Constitution and her crew offer community outreach and education about the ship’s history and the importance of maintaining a strong Navy to hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
Constitution is scheduled to conduct several sailing demonstrations in Boston Harbor this summer before entering a three-year dry dock maintenance period.
“After high school I felt I needed to do more with my life and the Navy offered me the chance to obtain an education, pursue financial stability and see the world,” Bresnahan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
- World War II veteran Stephan Lewy to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- War hero Zamperini, inspiration for book and film 'Unbroken,' dead at 97 - 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's