Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters use thermal imaging to pull Brookline man from burning home
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Flannery was the first to arrive at 30 Laurel Crest Drive; firefighters had been alerted that someone was trapped in the basement.
Wilson’s 16-year old sister, Alexis Wilson, was able to escape the flames on the first floor of the two-story home. Their parents, Bruce and Lisa Wilson, were not home at the time of the fire.
“It seemed like an eternity, but it was maybe a minute or two,” Flannery said. “It would have taken a lot longer without the camera because of the smoke and visibility inside was very poor.”
Fire crews remained on the scene putting out hot spots until 2 a.m. Wednesday. Three hours later, they had to return when the fire rekindled.
A Wilson Family Recovery Fund has been set-up at TD Bank in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Donations of essentials will be accepted at the Cozy Tea Cart on Route 13 in Brookline.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'