Vote endorses attorney general oversight of Rockingham County Attorney's Office
Reams left office last Tuesday just two months before he was set to face state removal proceedings that accused him of sexual harassment, ethical violations and alleged misuse of a forfeiture account.
The interim-replacement would oversee prosecutions in the office until voters elect a new top prosecutor this fall in the general election, according to county delegates.
Rep. Gene Charron, R-Chester, said he supports tapping the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office to help the county attorney’s office until the fall. The state would pay for the cost of the prosecutor appointed to the position.
The state attorney general’s office, which investigated the Reams case, has been overseeing county prosecutions since Reams was suspended last November.
Charron said that if there were problems with the attorney general’s office, he would have likely heard from employees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads