Your Turn, NH -- Henry Perras: We are being governed by unelected regulators
“Our ancient laws expressly declare that those who are but delegates themselves shall not delegate to others powers which require judgment and integrity in their exercise,” Jefferson wrote. “The same laws forbid the abandonment of that post and allowing a transfer of their powers without consulting the people.”
The death of representation in Congress is manifest by the very people we elected, and this slow demise progresses as our representatives delegate more unconstitutional authority to regulatory agencies.
They believed the Constitution should be interpreted to encompass present day problems. What we now have is a massive, nearly uncontrollable governmental adjunct which is transforming our democratic republic into one of multi-despotic socialistic control.
It is not too late to wrest control from the regulators, but it has to be championed by knowledgeable representatives. Hopefully, this November we can send to Washington a group from New Hampshire who will follow the Founders’ guidelines.
Henry Perras is a retired electronic engineer from Amherst.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chair to serve as Derry POW/MIA memorial - 0
- Harbor Homes of Nashua receives funds to expand mental health services - 0
- Veterans Home in Tilton takes on ALS challenge - 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name