Home » News » Public Safety
Toddler tumbles from third-story window
Firefighters tend to a little girl after she fell out of a third-story window of a triple-decker on Merrimack Street in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
The child landed in a narrow alleyway, where a chain-link fence separates the concrete surface from the neighbor’s yard. Leaves, a toddler’s shoe, litter and lumber with a few nails sticking out were beneath the window.
“No matter what she (the mother) does, she finds a way to get around it,” Zbink said. “She gets into things that actually amaze me.”
Victoria Ross, who lives next door, said Saliha was conscious and crying right after the fall. She said a broken leg prevented the girl from standing.
“It’s been said over and over again about the window,” Ross said. She said she always opens only the tops of windows, even though her children are old enough not to fall out the window.
Lt. Todd Boucher said it’s possible the child suffered a broken leg. He said police are investigating.
“We’re just looking into the circumstances surrounding the incident,” Boucher said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 2
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law