Spanish explosives distributor to lease Alexandria land to wind farm developer
The Forest Society, meanwhile, has not joined with groups already in direct opposition to the proposed project (which is now in “infant” stages, EDP officials said) as it did with the recently withdrawn Wild Meadows wind farm project, which had been proposed by Spanish wind giant Iberdrola Renewables.
“The two companies run into each other on many projects,” he said.
Maxam does not make explosives on-site, but imports them and distributes them from buildings and vehicles on its large sites.
“The apparent unwillingness of (EDP) to respect the warrant articles, zoning restrictions and ordinances of the towns that their multi-national private land owner partner, Maxam, owns land in is a slap in the face to the towns and the residents of the region,” Wind Watch President Lori Lerner said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
- Nevins developer releases Londonderry from walking trail easement - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
- Hiring of Manchester fire deputy contested - 1
- Derry transfer station project bidding continues - 0
- Study to design gateway into Nashua approved - 0
- Proposed elderly apartment complex clears zoning hurdle in Londonderry - 0
- Lebanon city council mulls one-way for Dulac Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law