Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Plea deal in fatal boat crash on Country Pond in Kingston would allow six-month jail term
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston, struck a plea agreement with prosecutors regarding the fatal boat crash that claimed the life of a Merrimack man. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
The jail sentence would be for causing the death of Erick Eskeland, who was piloting his Sea Ray boat with his family aboard before it was struck by Buswell’s boat around 11:30 p.m., the agreement says.
Prosecutors agreed to the plea deal after Judge N. William Delker ruled in their favor regarding evidence challenged in the case.
Buswell had argued that he was in police custody when he was being questioned at his family’s waterfront home. The family owns a campground around the pond.
Buswell told investigators that he was delivering newspapers and did not see Eskeland’s boat when his boat collided with it, according to court testimony.
Trial in the sexual assault case is scheduled for July 28. His plea and sentencing in the boating case is expected on Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 8
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 1
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 1
- Police looking for person who apparently abandoned dog Friday at Concord Dog Park - 1
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483