Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Chickens come home to roost with lucky German golfers
— From our June 18 story on the issue of allowing chickens in Manchester
You can't make this stuff up. Actually, we probably could. It would save on having to send reporters out to report. But I don’t think the stories would be as creative.
If we are going to allow chickens, will the law allow us to stand our ground against rogue poultry?
Are there, in fact, techniques or weapons that work particularly well against chickens? I have heard, alas, that they may be as scarce as hen’s teeth.
I think Alderman-at-Large Levasseur is right to keep pecking away at this idea. The unintended consequences of a chicken ordinance need more study. Otherwise, Manchester may find itself with egg on its face.
Meanwhile, a friend here at work has been crowing over last week’s U.S. Open golf win by German Martin Kaymer. My friend happens to have been born in Germany (in a log cabin with mice as roommates, to hear him tell it). Kaymer is the first German to win the Open.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@unionleader.com or on Twitter at @Deucecrew
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials say old Hudson library hemorrhaging money - 0
- AG sued over documents in former Rockingham County attorney case - 5
- Town tax rate about to get lower - 0
- Derry Councilors vote to change starting time of meetings: earlier time will be tried for a month - 0
- Police want to know what Goffstown stakeholders think - 0
- Few attend Derry’s meet and greet for new administrator - 0
- Two new tanks would sink nearly obsolete reservoir - 1
- Health costs up for Manchester - 20
- More angst within Nashua Historical Society - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters