Home » News » Public Safety
He walked into jail; Manchester resident carried out on stretcher
The investigation - conducted by New Hampshire State Police Sgt. Fred Lulka and Manchester police Sgt. Ryan Grant - comprised hundreds of pages of reports, hours of video footage from the jail and Manchester Police Department, and tape-recorded interviews.
The investigation found that Ornelas became uncooperative once jailed at Valley Street. He banged his head repeatedly on the door of his jail cell, urinated in the cell and clogged the toilet so it overflowed.
In the chair, Ornelas' condition deteriorated, and an ambulance crew eventually returned him to the hospital.
"All he was doing," Angueira said, "was looking for help."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m