All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In

A fire caused $50,000 in damage to this house at 74 Dearborn Road in Hill Saturday night. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader Correspondent)

Fire at unoccupied Hill home causes $50,000 damage

HILL – A one-alarm fire caused heavy damage to an unoccupied two-story home on Dearborn Road Saturday night, but the house was not a total loss.

Fire Chief Deanna Ford said a fire was reported at about 5:45 74 Dearborn Road. When fire crews arrived, they found fire in the basement of the home.

“It appears to have been caused by something in the electric system of the basement,” Ford said.

An ambulance was called because of the heavy smoke condition in the house, but was not needed, she said, as no one was hurt.

The fire was kept to the basement, the dining room and the kitchen on the first floor of the approximately 2,100-square-foot home, Ford said. The fire was called under control at about 8 p.m., and the last firefighting crews left the scene at 9:30 p.m., she said.

About $50,000 damage was done to the home, Ford said. The home is listed on as having a valued of $238,103.

Ford said she is not sure who owns the house, but it was unoccupied at the time of the fire. Martin and Joan Judd are listed as owners of the home, “but I got two different stories as to who owns it now, we're still trying to determine that,” she said.

A state fire marshal was called to the scene as a precaution, but the cause of the fire is not suspicious, Ford said.

Hill firefighters were assisted by crews from Franklin, Bristol, New Hampton, Alexandria, Tilton-Northfield, and Sanbornton in fighting the fire, she said.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID: