Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man, 84, dies after being struck by car on Bridge Street
A news release said police responded to the report of the accident in the area of Bridge and Ashland streets at 9:40 p.m.
Andrew Menard, 26, of Hooksett was driving a 2003 Subaru Forester west on Bridge Street when the car struck Francis Allen, 84, of Manchester, who was crossing the street, police said. Allen was taken to the Elliot Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Menard and his passenger Chelsea Ackerman, 23, also of Hooksett, were not injured.
Police said alcohol was not a contributing factor. The crash is under investigation by police and anyone with information is asked to contact them at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 2
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's