Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man, 84, dies after being struck by car on Bridge Street
A news release said police responded to the report of the accident in the area of Bridge and Ashland streets at 9:40 p.m.
Andrew Menard, 26, of Hooksett was driving a 2003 Subaru Forester west on Bridge Street when the car struck Francis Allen, 84, of Manchester, who was crossing the street, police said. Allen was taken to the Elliot Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Menard and his passenger Chelsea Ackerman, 23, also of Hooksett, were not injured.
Police said alcohol was not a contributing factor. The crash is under investigation by police and anyone with information is asked to contact them at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree