Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man, 84, dies after being struck by car on Bridge Street
A news release said police responded to the report of the accident in the area of Bridge and Ashland streets at 9:40 p.m.
Andrew Menard, 26, of Hooksett was driving a 2003 Subaru Forester west on Bridge Street when the car struck Francis Allen, 84, of Manchester, who was crossing the street, police said. Allen was taken to the Elliot Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Menard and his passenger Chelsea Ackerman, 23, also of Hooksett, were not injured.
Police said alcohol was not a contributing factor. The crash is under investigation by police and anyone with information is asked to contact them at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'