NH AG's Office: Probe continues in to Lyman infant's death
LYMAN — The chief of the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Homicide Unit said there would be no court filings in connection with his office’s investigation of the death Wednesday of a 4-month-old Lyman boy and severe injuries to the child’s twin sister.
Jeffery Strelzin said Friday the investigation of what happened to the twins is continuing, but he released no additional information.
An adult male and female placed a 911 call shortly before 5 a.m. Wednesday saying their young child was in distress at 310 Quebec Road, authorities said.
When emergency responders arrived, they discovered the baby girl was also seriously injured and took the twins to a local hospital where the baby boy was pronounced dead and his sister was in serious condition, Strelzin said Thursday.
He has not released the names of the babies’ parents or anyone who lives at the home where no one appeared to be present Thursday after the state’s Major Crime Unit completed its work at the scene.
Calls Friday to two telephone numbers listed for present or recent occupants of the home resulted in recorded messages that one phone had been disconnected, and the other had either been disconnected or was out of service.
Lyman Town Clerk Carol Messner said Friday questions and speculation have been rampant in the small town of 533 residents regarding what may have happened to the children. Lyman is just south of Littleton in New Hampshire’s North Country.
Meanwhile, at the Office of the New Hampshire Chief Medical Examiner in Concord, an autopsy was scheduled on the baby boy’s body.
State Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Jennie Duval did not return messages left for her through Friday afternoon.