Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies of injuries in NH motorcycle crash
According to state police, at 12:01 a.m. Thursday a motorcycle crash was reported on I-93. Troopers found a 2002 Harley Davidson XL1200, resting on its side in the high-speed breakdown lane. Brian Ahern, 52, of Lowell was deceased at the scene from injuries he suffered in the crash.
State police said that, from witness statements and evidence found in the road, investigators determined the motorcycle went off the highway on the western side and crashed. I-93 south of exit 3 was closed for about 45 minutes, when police opened the high speed lane to southbound traffic. The travel lane, however, remained closed for more than two hours.
State police were assisted on scene by Windham Fire and Rescue and state Department of Transportation personnel.
The accident remains under investigation by Trooper Matthew Locke. Anyone who saw the collision is asked to call him at state police, Troop B barracks, at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union