Louisiana firm pledges $5K to Laconia memorial run
LACONIA — A Louisiana company has pledged a $5,000 donation to the Peter Makris Memorial Run, an annual event held during Motorcycle Week to benefit the Laconia Fire Department Life Saving Fund, the company announced.
G. Smith Motorsports said it hopes the donation will held spread the word about Motorcycle Week in Louisiana.
“This is rider heaven,” said Glen Smith, chief executive of the Magnolia Companies, the New Orleans-based parent company of G. Smith Motorsports. A Smith entourage is participating in Motorcycle Week.
“We’re eager to assist the Laconia Rally in its fundraising efforts to showcase its beautiful state to the country,” Smith said in prepared remarks.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.