Home » News » Public Safety
Cold Case Unit to apply new technology to 13-year-old missing persons case
More on the case► NH Cold Case Unit: Tina and Bethany Sinclair
“This has always been an area of interest and this area has been searched before,” he said. “The river has been searched before in regards to this case, but never this close to the dam before.”
State officials said the ongoing searches are not because of any new leads or information.
“This is just something we wanted to do. We did not have the technology to do it back in 2001,” Agati said.
“It has the ability to go down deep into the water and do a search on both sides,” Agati said.
“We’ve got not only the New Hampshire Fish and Game Dive Team, but also we have the state of Vermont State Police SCUBA Team as well as the Massachusetts State Police Underwater Recovery Team,” Agati said.
The State Police Marine Patrol Unit is also assisting, he said.
Agati also thanked TransCanada Hydro Northeast and Vermont Yankee Nuclear for allowing the locks of the dam to be shut off periodically during the day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 4
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate