Home » News » Public Safety
Cold Case Unit to apply new technology to 13-year-old missing persons case
More on the case► NH Cold Case Unit: Tina and Bethany Sinclair
“This has always been an area of interest and this area has been searched before,” he said. “The river has been searched before in regards to this case, but never this close to the dam before.”
State officials said the ongoing searches are not because of any new leads or information.
“This is just something we wanted to do. We did not have the technology to do it back in 2001,” Agati said.
“It has the ability to go down deep into the water and do a search on both sides,” Agati said.
“We’ve got not only the New Hampshire Fish and Game Dive Team, but also we have the state of Vermont State Police SCUBA Team as well as the Massachusetts State Police Underwater Recovery Team,” Agati said.
The State Police Marine Patrol Unit is also assisting, he said.
Agati also thanked TransCanada Hydro Northeast and Vermont Yankee Nuclear for allowing the locks of the dam to be shut off periodically during the day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health