More redevelopment planned for Nashua's Amherst Street
NASHUA — Several new development projects are about to take shape on Amherst Street, including the proposed construction of a new car wash, oil and lube shop, grocery store and retail center.
This week, city planners will review preliminary plans for each of the renovation projects, which will take place at 635, 647 and 270 Amherst St.
Now, several months later, Key Auto Group is returning to the board asking for a conditional use permit to allow a 6,670 square feet vehicle service center and car wash to operate on the parcel.
The site has been used for vehicle sales and repair for almost 40 years, according to Linda Panny, a city planner. In a memo to the planning board, Panny said the property once operated Demers Truck Sales and Service, and more recently a Saturn car dealership.
The contaminated parcel that once housed Nashua Motor Express is being proposed for a 40,000 square feet retail center with a grocery store, which includes four potential storefronts with undisclosed tenants. A separate, 4,500-square-feet pizzeria restaurant — Papa Gino’s, which closed a few months ago just across the street — is also being suggested for the property.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua Airport divisiveness prompts request for liaison - 0
- Nashua aldermen to consider communication upgrades - 0
- Bronstein Park policy questioned by NHCLU official - 5
- Derry gets grant for new scrap metal recycling trailer - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Derry councilors narrow list for town administrator post - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Manchester mayor seeks to restrict use of park - 12
- Rockingham County attorney candidates talk leadership at forum - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner