Villa Augustina School in Goffstown closing its doors
The school’s board of directors voted to cease operation effective June 30, according to the school’s Facebook page.
“It’s been another great journey, but with fewer passengers on board each year, it’s become too expensive to operate,” the post says of the last school year. “We cannot start a voyage knowing that we do not have sufficient resources to complete the trip.”
The organization had a goal of enrolling 192 students for next year.
The Religious of Jesus and Mary have the first option to “repurchase” the school, according to the Facebook page.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shoppers return steadily to familiar Market Basket stores - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- FairPoint implements final contract offers claiming deadlock in negotiations that union denies - 0
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
- Weekly brother gave police wrong name - 1
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name