Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Dover man sentenced for sexually assaulting Portsmouth woman after night of bar hopping
Aaron Bonds, 45, was sentenced Monday in Rockingham County Superior Court on a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
The sentencing capped the remaining charges against Aaron Bonds, 45, who a jury convicted in March for drugging three women in July 2012 as they went bar hopping around downtown Portsmouth.
Bonds pleaded guilty last week to one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault instead of facing a re-trial on the two sexual assault charges.
Assistant County Attorney Brad Bolton read a statement in court on Monday from the woman, who became pregnant as a result of the sexual assault.
The pregnancy was not revealed until Bonds’ sentencing on Monday. The woman said in the statement that she decided to terminate the pregnancy.
Judge N. William Delker, who presided over the trial, told Bonds that his sentence on the drug case also took into consideration the sexual assault.
Delker said he felt the sentence agreed upon by the prosecution and defense was appropriate.
The two prison terms will run concurrently. Delker ordered that Bonds, who has a prior sexual assault conviction from 2003, have no contact with the victim or her immediate family.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917