Floor of apartment building evacuated after kitchen fire
LACONIA - A small kitchen fire forced the temporary evacuation of the seventh floor of the Sunrise Towers apartment building Friday night, according to the Laconia Fire Department.
Lt. Jeff Desrosiers said the fire appeared to have been caused by a resident turning on the wrong burner on a stove top, which ignited some debris left on the stove. The fire was quickly extinguished using a hand-held fire extinguisher, he said.
Seventh-floor residents had to leave the building while firefighters worked to clear smoke from the floor.
There were no injuries in the fire, he said.