Another View - Scott Brown: We can make energy affordable for NH families
I took my plan on the road and talked to motorists at gas stations, business owners and homeowners around the state, and everyone is looking for relief.
She wants to focus almost solely on renewable energy and discourage people from using carbon-based fuels like the gas we put in our cars and the fuel we use to heat our homes. In order to do that, she wants to artificially raise the price of carbon.
Sen. Shaheen’s energy tax would have a disastrous effect on our economy and cause rate increases that hurt families and small businesses alike.
No one knows how much it’s going to ultimately cost, but it looks like another case of all pain, no gain. My plan outlines a strict cost-benefit analysis for this type of out-of-touch rule making so we can better understand the real-world economic consequences of all the red tape and new taxes streaming out of Washington.
By focusing on a true all-of-the-above energy plan that increases our domestic production and reins in the Washington bureaucrats, we can make energy more affordable, create new good-paying jobs, and improve our state and our nation’s economy.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 1
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- George Will: In Georgia, a capitalist struggles - 2
- Jonah Goldberg -- Cure for gridlock: Take hard votes - 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 6
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters