Londonderry High graduates lauded for their success, kindness
Maeve Holland waves at family during the Londonderry High School graduation held at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester on Friday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
“You guys brought what it means to be a Lancer back to Londonderry High School,” Class President Michael Bolduc told classmates, faculty, friends and family in a packed Verizon Wireless Arena.
“I think we are going forward to greatness. After all, we are the Lancers, and I believe that we will win,” Bolduc said to a standing ovation.
“Class of 2014, I hope you fall down. Learn from your mistakes,” valedictorian Cassidy Litch told the sea of blue- and white-gowned graduates.
The class distinguished itself in academics, athletics, the arts and pride in their school, Parent said. Their many accomplishments, he said, included: 15 percent of the class earning cumulative grade point averages of 4.0 or higher, the marching band taking first place in St. Patrick Day parades in New York City and Washington, D.C., and a lack of competitiveness as students collectively reached out to support others.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 48
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner