Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester driver hurt in Stoddard crash
Paul R. Richard, 55, was hauling a modular home and heading east on Route 9 about 6 p.m. Thursday. He told police he didn’t see that a car was stopped on the road waiting to turn into the parking lot of Mr. Mike’s Convenience Store. He was able to avoid the car, but drove off the road into a two-car garage.
The homeowner, who was in the garage at the time of the crash, escaped without injury, but one of his two cars was damaged, police said. The accident also damaged a utility pole, causing a power outage in the area.
Richard was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough as a precaution, police said. Neither speed nor alcohol are believed to be factors in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 7
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?