Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jury sees video, mother's testimony in Plaistow tot abuse case
Jessica Linscott, 24, of Plaistow testifies in Rockingham County Superior Court about how her former boyfriend, Roland Dow, used to choke her during fights. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
A portion of the video was shown to jurors in Rockingham County Superior Court as they sat on the trial of Roland Dow, 28, who is accused of first- and second-degree assault.
The boy’s mother, Jessica Linscott, fought back sobs through her testimony on Thursday afternoon in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Linscott, 24, shuffled into court wearing leg chains and an orange jail jumpsuit, confronting both her former boyfriend and her inaction that allowed her son to allegedly be struck and punished by Dow.
She is serving 2½ to 7 years in prison for witness tampering and four counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
“Did anyone ever yell at you?” Dow allegedly says on the recording. “Does Mommy and Roland yell at each other? Who yells?”
Linscott, who met Dow on Facebook in 2011, told jurors how she met the father of Nicholson while a student at Sanborn Regional High School.
The couple lived together after graduation until he died of a heroin overdose.
He eventually changed to someone who was controlling and abusive, according to Linscott. She testified that Dow threw her over a flight of stairs once and choked her more than once during arguments.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
- Stocks drift to another record in light trading - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917