Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Accused drug seller expects to get out of prison in Februrary
A clerk at Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., told police she was suspicious when Xavier Louis, 20, of 622 Union St., was willing to accept $220 for the two antique watches, two rings and a pin valued at almost $6,000 that he brought into the store May 17.
When the items Louis brought in turned out to match some of the items reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle overnight May 15-16, a warrant was obtained for Louis.
Louis, who has convictions that include reckless conduct, loitering, theft and resisting arrest, asked for a break on bail, saying: “I work.”
Before detainees are arraigned in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, the clerk tells them they can talk to the judge about proposed bail amounts during the arraignment, but cautions them not to discuss the alleged crimes.
Barreto told Judge William Lyons: “I work third shift and I normally get a ride.” But when the person who usually gives him a ride wasn’t going to work, he said he was forced to drive himself.
Judge William Lyons set bail at the $1,500 cash/surety requested by the prosecutor. Trial was set for July 16.
A city man charged with a sex offender duty to report failure was arraigned on the felony charge Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division.
Randy Riendeau, 42, of 255 Bell St., had failed to report at the Manchester Police Department by May 22, as required by the sex offender reporting law.
Says he’s a changed man
Anthony Miele, 34, of 26 Welch Ave., was in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on both city and state police charges dating from 2009 and 2010 for which he had failed to appear.
A 2009 resisting arrest conviction with a deferred sentence and fine, which Miele had appealed, was remanded from Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Outstanding 2010 New Hampshire State Police charges of transporting drugs and speeding were scheduled for June 23 and bail was set at $3,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483